Finally finnished a playable alpha versjon of UnReality!
Head over to downloads section to check it out!
Please submit bug reports if you come over any issues 🙂
Cheers! Have a great weekend!
Final fixes before alpha release!
- Fixed up lighting and some world exploits.
- Added last part of world3 puzzle.
- Added key mechanism for gates
- UI improvements
- Animation fixes
- Added more variation in World3 terrain.
Quite a few things got done since the last devlog.
- Fixed a serious code issue that severely tanked performance.
- Font tweaks.
- Rebaked some lighting.
- Added a Launcher to adjust graphic settings before starting game.
- Added in-game menu with ‘Back to main menu’ and ‘Exit to desktop’ buttons.
(Accessed through ‘ESC’ key).
- Reworked the wintermap and tweaked some foliage and walking paths.
- Removed some voice acting due to plans for rework.
The plan was to release a alpha/demo version at the end of this week.
Currently I’m not entirely happy with the current state of the game, so it will most likely be postponed to sometime this weekend or next week.
Worked on since last devlog:
- Fixed up how interactions are handled while havng a torch equipped. The torch will now unequip when interacting with puzzles.
- Fixed collision issues across all levels.
- Fixed audio sync issue on world 3 puzzle.
- Performance optimisation on vegetation.
Need work before relase of demo:
- Major issues with decreasing FPS during gameplay. Need to inspect code and assets to find the culprint.
- Adjustments in sound and visuals.
Fixing some bugs and performance improvements for the upcoming demo.
- Added more SFX.
- Added animations for activating puzzles.
- Added new models for riddle puzzles.
- Fixed some issues with loading screens.
- Fixed some puzzle exploits.
- Added option to submit bug report for the upcoming demo.
Link for bug reporting HERE!