Just finnishing up game systems.
Currently in a working state:
- Inventory and equipments systems.
- Quest systems. Includes 4 types of quest types (kill, gather, interaction, location), questlog, main/side quest options, quest tracker and chainquest system.
- Simple AI on enemies. This include attack, take/give damage, simple animations, death and loot.
- Footstep systems. Plays different foorstep sounds when there is a change in surfaces.
Currently under development:
- Save systems. Missing integration of quest progress in the save and load system.
- GUI styling and tweaking.
- Much much more….
Thought I would start a devlog with information about development progress.
In the Roadmap you can see current status. But mostly only status on what finnished and not.
This log will be more detailed on where I’m currently at in the development.
I am now currently working on getting the save and load system working.
This will take some time as I have to figure out what I need to save and load such as stats, items, player position and so on. Also I kinda need to predict what I will have to implement in the future as well, as I develop more stuff and systems.
My plan is to have a system that autosaves when entering and exits different instances, areas and when you quit the game. Also a save option in the game menu.
TL;DR – Working on: