Finally finnished a playable alpha versjon of UnReality!
Head over to downloads section to check it out!
Please submit bug reports if you come over any issues 🙂
Cheers! Have a great weekend!
Final fixes before alpha release!
- Fixed up lighting and some world exploits.
- Added last part of world3 puzzle.
- Added key mechanism for gates
- UI improvements
- Animation fixes
- Added more variation in World3 terrain.
Quite a few things got done since the last devlog.
- Fixed a serious code issue that severely tanked performance.
- Font tweaks.
- Rebaked some lighting.
- Added a Launcher to adjust graphic settings before starting game.
- Added in-game menu with ‘Back to main menu’ and ‘Exit to desktop’ buttons.
(Accessed through ‘ESC’ key).
- Reworked the wintermap and tweaked some foliage and walking paths.
- Removed some voice acting due to plans for rework.
The plan was to release a alpha/demo version at the end of this week.
Currently I’m not entirely happy with the current state of the game, so it will most likely be postponed to sometime this weekend or next week.
Worked on since last devlog:
- Fixed up how interactions are handled while havng a torch equipped. The torch will now unequip when interacting with puzzles.
- Fixed collision issues across all levels.
- Fixed audio sync issue on world 3 puzzle.
- Performance optimisation on vegetation.
Need work before relase of demo:
- Major issues with decreasing FPS during gameplay. Need to inspect code and assets to find the culprint.
- Adjustments in sound and visuals.
Fixing some bugs and performance improvements for the upcoming demo.
- Added more SFX.
- Added animations for activating puzzles.
- Added new models for riddle puzzles.
- Fixed some issues with loading screens.
- Fixed some puzzle exploits.
- Added option to submit bug report for the upcoming demo.
Link for bug reporting HERE!
Just finnishing up game systems.
Currently in a working state:
- Inventory and equipments systems.
- Quest systems. Includes 4 types of quest types (kill, gather, interaction, location), questlog, main/side quest options, quest tracker and chainquest system.
- Simple AI on enemies. This include attack, take/give damage, simple animations, death and loot.
- Footstep systems. Plays different foorstep sounds when there is a change in surfaces.
Currently under development:
- Save systems. Missing integration of quest progress in the save and load system.
- GUI styling and tweaking.
- Much much more….
Thought I would start a devlog with information about development progress.
In the Roadmap you can see current status. But mostly only status on what finnished and not.
This log will be more detailed on where I’m currently at in the development.
I am now currently working on getting the save and load system working.
This will take some time as I have to figure out what I need to save and load such as stats, items, player position and so on. Also I kinda need to predict what I will have to implement in the future as well, as I develop more stuff and systems.
My plan is to have a system that autosaves when entering and exits different instances, areas and when you quit the game. Also a save option in the game menu.
TL;DR – Working on: